Oppo A52 Review – Oppo A52 full specification, pros, cons, and star point review.
Oppo is one of the popular smartphones brand among peoples all around the world. It has launched many smartphones this year and its some handsets are upcoming. OppoA52 is one of the mid-range smartphones of this brand powered with SD 665 chipset. This amazing phone has come with decent features like a 6.5-inch display, four rear cameras, 5000mAh battery capacity, and clean design. Let’s move towards its specifications in detail.
Specifications of Oppo A52
This amazing smartphone has come with many amazing features. Let’s review Oppo A52 quality in different sections.
Design and Display
Oppo A52 has a 6.5 inches FHD+ display with a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels. The aspect ratio of the screen is 20:9 with a screen-to-body ratio of 90.5%. It possesses a punch hole at the top-left corner and Oppo calls it Neo-Display.
The back panel is clean and oppo called it constellation design inspired by the polar region. Also, a quad-camera setup can be seen at the top left corner, while, the capacitive fingerprint sensor is placed on the side.
- Ports and Buttons
- On the bottom side, there is a stereo speaker grill, USB Type-C port, microphone, and 3.5mm headphone jack.
- On left, you can find two volume keys and on top of that, there is a sim card tray with two sim card slots and a dedicated microSD slot.
- There is nothing on the top.
- While on right, there is power ON/OFF button with doubles up as a fingerprint sensor
Performance and Memory
Oppo A52 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor with a 64-bit capable octa-core CPU. It is a tried and tested processor for mid-range smartphones.
The device comes in different variations (according to regions), such as 4GB of Ram and 128 GB of Storage or 6/128 GB up to 8/128 GB combo. Furthermore, you can enhance your phone’s memory of the Oppo A52 up to 256 GB using a microSD card.
Oppo handsets are always found amazing for its camera, it has a 12 MP primary camera, 8MP ultra-wide camera with a 119-degree FoV, 2MP macro camera, and 2MP depth camera with LED flash.
For selfies, Oppo A52 has offered an 8MP camera on the front. Its camera has some amazing features also that are face detection, HDR, GEO – tagging, and some other.
You always face a problem of battery charging. But this time, Oppo A52 is featured by a 5000mAh non-removable battery. And you will be glad to know that it supports fast charging of 18W. This should help to ease your problem of battery draining faster, however, if you want to improve smartphone battery life you can follow guides provided on the linked page.
Oppo A52 contains almost all sensors that come with mid-range smartphones along with side-mounted fingerprint sensors and face unlock. Its fingerprint sensor and face unlock both are fast and reliable. In terms of fingerprint, you can set it to soft-touch or hard touch according to your preferences.
- This device supports dual 4G, WIFI calling. You can stream Netflix on HD because of L1 support. Further, GCAM can be used out of the box due to the camera to API support.
- Its audio is quite good because of the stereo speakers, this means it is one of the best phones for multimedia lovers because of the picture quality, screen-to-body ratio, and audio quality.
- Talking about camera features, its photo quality is just good, not the best among the mid-range smartphones. However, it possesses all other features like AI beautification. In terms of videos, you can shoot 4k video up to 30 fps, and digital zoom up to 10fps.
Oppo A52 Specifications on Tabular Form
|Rear Camera||12+8+2+2 MP|
|Front Camera||8 MP|
|Display||6.5” (16.51 cm)|
|Dimension||162 x 75.5 x 8.9 mm (6.38 x 2.97 x 0.35 in)|
|Battery||5,000mAh with 18W charging (Type C port)|
|Color Options||Twilight Black, Stream White|
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 (11nm)|
|CPU||Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)|
|Storage||64/128 GB ( UFS 2.1 )|
|Expandable Storage||upto 256 GB (microSD)|
|OS||Android 10 with ColorOS 7.1 on top|
|Type||LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen|
|Resolution||1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio|
|Rear Camera||Quad camera|
– 12MP primary lens
– 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens (119-degree FOV)
– 2MP macro lens
– 2MP depth sensor
|Network||GSM / HSPA / LTE|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE|
|USB||2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go|
|Sensors||Fingerprint (side-mounted), Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass|
Pros and Cons of A52
- Bigger screen display with a 90.5% screen-to-body ratio.
- It is featured with a 5000mAh non-removable battery.
- Comes with USB Type-C port, and supports 18W fast charging.
- Good quality stereo speakers, 24-bit/192kHz audio.
- It is also equipped with huge storage of 128 GB, but you can expand it up to 256GB because of the dedicated sd card slot.
- It possesses almost every sensor that comes with a mid-range phone like Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass.
- Not the great chipset for its price.
- It provides no display protection like gorilla glass.
- It has no NFC support in its connectivity features.
- Due to its heavyweight, it’s a little difficult to carry.
- No notification light.