How to create a business email to make your customer easier to reach you through a professional email address? Is it possible to create a business email totally for free? If these are the sort of questions you are currently asking yourself, then, you are in the right place to learn on a step-by-step guide on how to make a business email totally for free. Following this procedure, you will be able to access your email using your smartphone as well.
Before getting started, let’s understand what is actually a business email address.
What is the business email address?
All those email addresses built by combining local-part and the @ symbol followed by the business specific domain name are business email addresses. In other words, for easy understanding, you can consider all the email address except these email service providers as a business email.
Here, just the generic address such as Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, and so on will be replaced by the domain name you own and could be finally looked firstname.lastname@example.org. You might have seen an email address like “email@example.com” a lot, this is a professional email address.
To get started, you have to own a domain and a hosting, these days almost every paid hosting company provides at least one or two free business email addresses. In fact, even some free hosting company provides free business email these days. If you are unknown about these free hostings which offer email address then you can check our lists of the best free hosting company and pick one which suits you the most.
How to create a business Email for free?
Step 1: Own a business address ( domain name ) and hosting.
First and foremost, you must have to own a domain address and hosting. For that, you can pick one of the popular domain names and hosting service providers such as Bluehost, Godaddy, or any other as your preference. Also, you can pick a domain name from one company and hosting from another as well, final choices are all up to you.
Additionally, if you have already owned any domain but still need to find the hosting then you can buy hosting space only from any of the hosting service providers.
By contrast, you can also go for free hosting which would not be reliable and efficient as paid, however, it will also offer the features and services up to some extent. So, if you are a student and you wanna test and learn about this whole procedure then I won’t recommend spending some bucks just for that. In that scenario, it might be better for you to go with one of the best free web hosting company.
Step 2: Create a business email address
Secondly, we need to create an email address from the control panel of the hosting company. To explain this process we are going to use GoDaddy hosting, however, it should not be a problem for the user from any other hosting as well, as most of these hosting company follows the similar design and flow.
How to create a business email in GoDaddy
To make a business email for free in GoDaddy you need to own GoDaddy hosting at first. Or you need to be using web hosting services from any other web hosting providers. These are easy procedures, all you need is to follow the below-mentioned steps to create a business email using the cPanel provided by the hosting company.
1. Log in to cPanel Dashboard.
2. Go to the Email section, and click on Email Accounts.
3. Then, click on Create. This should open a form to fill out some necessary details.
Step 3: Set up a business email with an email client
Once you successfully make a business email address, you should be able to see the recently created email address into the list of the available email address. Now, click on Access Webmail, this should lead to the web page where it would ask you to pick one of the default webmail clients.
Generally, it would show two default webmail applications as “Horde” and “Roundcube“. You need to pick one as your default webmail client. As later, we might need to check the confirmation email which would be sent to this email. Although, you could pick one of these email clients and send or receive all emails through these only, without using any other email client such as Gmail, Outlook or Zoho.
However, I won’t recommend limiting yourself on these applications only, as you need to access these clients separately and its UI might not be appealing as well. Instead, you could access these emails on some of the other popular email clients such as Gmail and Outlook, and which we are going to learn in this article.
In the same webmail page mentioned above, it should also provide other details for manual set up of email client. And, it should also provide some automatic configuration script for certain email provider depending upon the host you are using.
By the way, in this tutorial, we will be using the recommended SSL/TSL settings for accessing emails send to this address and to send email from this address for Gmail and automatic script for Outlook.
Step 3.a: How to Set up a business email with Gmail
To set up our business email with Gmail we have two options either we can go with POP3 options or we can go with Email Forwarding options.
1) Receive Business Email to Gmail (POP3)
To receive messages sent to any business email in Gmail we can follow below-mentioned steps:
1. Log in to Gmail.
2. Go to Setting and select the tab “Accounts and Import“.
3. Under “Check mail from other accounts” section, click on Add a mail account.
4. Next, enter the email address which had previously created using our domain name.
5. Then, select the option “Import emails from my other account (POP3)“.
6. After that, enter all the necessary data such as Username, Password, Server name, Port, and tick options as shown in the image below.
(you can tick last options as well if you want to show email only in the archive and not in the main inbox)
7. Right after entering the details, it would ask either you want to send emails through business email or not. For now, you can select “No” as we will be looking at this in “How to send emails as business email through Gmail” section. In case if you have selected yes, please refer to that section.
And that’s it, now you should be able to retrieve business email to this Gmail address. In case, if you didn’t receive email sometimes, you can go to Settings -> Account and Imports -> under check email from other accounts section -> click on Check mail now.
2) Forward Business Email to Gmail
In case, you have followed POP3 methods, you can skip this whole steps of forwarding and vice versa. To forward a business email to Gmail, you need to follow some basic steps mentioned below.
1. Login to the cPanel.
2. Go to the Email section and click on Forwarders.
3. Then, click on Add Forwarder.
4. Next, enter the address to forward and its destination – where to forward this email and save it.
And that’s it. Now, all emails sent to this business email will be forwarded to entered destination emails as well.
3. How to send emails as business email through Gmail
1. Login to Gmail
2. Go to Settings and click on the “Accounts and Import” tab.
3. Next, click on Add another email address which can be found under the section “Send mail as“.
4. Then, enter the name and email address.
5. After that, you need to enter outgoing SMTP details and username and password of that business email.
(These SMTP details can be found at cPanel -> Email accounts -> connect devices ).
6. As the last step, it will send confirmation emails to your business email which needs to be verified by clicking on the link sent or by pasting the confirmation code to the modal window.
Step 3.b: How to Set up business email with outlook
Generally, in terms of Outlook, it is quite easier as cPanel offers automatic configuration for the Outlook. To set up a business email with Outlook, you can click on one of configuration depending upon which version of outlook you are using.
If it does not work automatically, you need to follow the following procedure.
- Open outlook.
- Click on File and then on Add Account.
- Next enter the recently created business email address.
- After that, you need to enter the password for that email address.
- And that’s it for outlook app.
Isn’t it easy? Yes, it’s quite easy as compared to Gmail procedures.
This is how we create a business email for free. Furthermore, we could also set it up with Zoho mail. However, in the case of Zoho mail, the procedures are totally different as we need to update the MX record itself and need to point to the Zoho Server. So, for this, we will be dedicating another article in the near future.
If you enjoy reading this article, please feel free to share it with your friends, and if you encounter any issues during the procedures feel free to raise it in the comment section.